Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Four Years

After four years of high school I have been expected to read many works for class and on my own. My favorite book I read for fun was The Hunger Games which may be a popular opinion that could be redundant to read and hear about but I think the concept was very well written and could have easily worked for my research paper but I did not think it would be a good choice because so many people would want to use it. I think the series could become a classic as we are seeing the Harry Potter series slowly work towards that status. After a few generations it may be up in that stature for its style and content. Jennifer Lawrence played Katniss for an excellent performance and she is certainly one of the top stars of today. Much of the book has a futuristic concept and I think could still be entertaining for the future generations. That is my favorite  book I read in the four years outside of class. My favorite one in class might have been The Scarlet Letter which is an odd choice but I feel I know that story the best and I have used it for a lot of my papers. I do not relate to the story but I think it has a large lesson behind it which maybe relates to how I feel about life. It shows that what is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right. That is how I live my life. The Puritan society is very different and adultery is not right or popular but how she bounced back and made the community better with her presence is something notable. Hiding the truth is easy until it eats away at a person's soul. Owning up to sins can prevent torture and death of the soul. Dimmesdale drove himself mad for keeping it a secret. Hester worked hard in the community to negate her wrong and Chillingsworth died because he could not get revenge which is irony and karma.


 
 
 
Both are masterworks that I have enjoyed reading and learning about and I hope to one day walk into my kids' room seeing them reading these books that I have read and enjoyed.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment