Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thoughts on AP

Well after a full Senior year, AP Lit has come to a close. Thoughts on the class? Everyday was certainly a new adventure. I learned a lot about various things, literature for most but other irrelevant things. To many of my classmates surprise I did not use my iPad to search for answers I knew. I used it many times to look up words I did not know and to validate some of my points. Debating its purpose was certainly fun with some of my classmates that would joke saying I could not use the iPad for the AP test. I knew I could not use it but I knew I would not need it either. It was just a tool for me to use. The test was not as awful as I had anticipated. I felt that the multiple choice was a hit or a miss with some of the questions because the difficulty level did vary. I did not know some of the words so I made an educated guess. Essays were fairly simple in my opinion and I lucked out on the open ended question. I wrote about Their Eyes Were Watching God which I familiarized myself with again just days before the exam to participate in the Literary Deathmatch in class. I will be honest in saying I did not read most of the books but I made sure I knew the material well enough to understand its importance and be able to write about anything on the books. I think that it takes a good writer and a good understanding of more than just the plot of a book to be able to accomplish such a task. I can write on anything and make a case whether I know what I am saying or not and it could be very believable for most readers. This is precisely why I want to write a book one day after I develop an original idea to write about and have produced. I will also need time to sit down and do it... But taking AP Literature has given me an appreciation for the work put into writing. A unique style allows for most authors to stand the test of time and that is what I want to do with some of my works even though writing will be more of a hobby than a primary job. Some may find it odd that someone wanting to be an engineer would want to write books but I find it to be unique and have an aspect of being well rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment