Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Your typical Gatsby blog post...

So... Leonardo DiCaprio is Jay Gatsby. I am outraged with myself I have not seen the movie yet! But the book is one of my favorites. Leonardo has played many roles where his character is mysterious yet attentive and luxurious so he certainly is perfect to play Mr. Gatsby. I feel that Jay Gatsby will be a combination of Cobb from Inception and Jack Dawson from Titanic. He needs to be as mysterious as Cobb but have the ability to love Daisy as much as Jack loved Rose. Jay throws his legendary parties for one reason: to impress Daisy, the woman he met in 1917 that he loves. The trailer gives me a great impression to how Leonardo plays his role, but I definitely need to see the movie for a full judgment. I am sure I will love it! At times the book made me want to just go to a party to have fun but the sentiment behind it all draws in the reader. Jay's secret story that few knew about is one that I wanted to know and liked. But my biggest question about the movie is can Spiderman actually play a decent Nick? Tobey certainly has played in other movies but isn't known by anything other than Spiderman. He did not get the call back for the newest Spiderman movie which I have not seen (possibly because of his age and the new storyline) but can he pull it off? He will have to be nosey but relaxed and find his way into situations unexpectedly. I guess that suits Spiderman. Always spying on people but being relaxed when he's not in his suit keeping his identity secret. Now there is only one way to see the book in action... buy a ticket.


No comments:

Post a Comment